Features of our Paint
Purifies the Air
Gush Interior Paint eliminates toxic chemicals and harmful Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) like formaldehyde in the air (Certified by TUV). The paint also gets rid of unpleasant odours in the room, and is effective in eliminating VOCs for 5-8 years.
*Are VOCs really a threat? Read More>
Our paint contains a catalyst that breaks down harmful VOCs in the air into harmless substances. While other purifying paints use a photo-catalytic reaction which requires UV light or a Normal light source to activate, our paint does not require a light source, purifying the air 24/7. This means that VOCs are purified even in your dark store rooms and while you sleep at night.
Mould is not just an unsightly problem – it is also one of the biggest causes of asthma, sinus problems and allergies. With an innovative approach, our Paint effectively Prevents Moulding on your walls. If you engage our painting services, we provide a 2-year guarantee for Anti-Moulding on your walls.
Our Paint solves moulding from the root. Made from a Hygroscopic material, your painted walls absorb excess moisture in the air. This deprives Mould and Fungal Spores from the water that it needs to grow. The Paint is certified by SETSCO (SS150) through extensive testing, in which the test sample was found to have a Total Absence of Fungal Growth during the experiment.
Your painted walls are able to eliminate 99.9% of infection causing bacteria such as E.Coli and S.Aureus. Thomson Medical, a Hospital which requires high standards of hygiene, is currently using our paint for its surgical rooms.
On a microscopic level, our paint has a unique tetrahedron structure that punctures the membrane of bacteria that comes into contact to the surface of our paint, causing the bacteria cells to dehydrate and perish.
Our paint acts as a humidity regulator. By Regulating Humidity, your room would feel less Humid in instances like after you take a shower, and less Dry with the Air-Conditioning turned on when you rest at night.
Our innovative paint is made out of a plant based material that is highly Hygroscopic – it is 3000 times more absorbent than charcoal, allowing it to efficiently absorb moisture when the air is Humid, and release it back into the air when it is Dry.
Our Non-Toxic Paint is free from any Unpleasant Odours and has Low VOC content. Safely move into your new home that is free from VOCs, with your walls also breaking down toxins released from renovation materials like lacquer and adhesives.
In traditional paints, chemicals with high VOCs content are used. For our paint, the core material is plant based, largely reducing the amount of toxic chemicals needed for production. The paint is certified by TUV, according to SGBC standards, to contain less than 2g/L of VOC (In fact, the lab results could not detect any at all). In perspective, <50g/L is the requirement for a paint to be labelled as “Low VOC”.
Releases Negative Ions
By releasing negative ions in the air, our paint is able to clear the air of PM2.5 Particles and Airborne Dust. An environment rich in negative ions also has many health benefits, including improving mental alertness and neutralizing free radicals in the room.
The negative ions released also causes surrounding air borne particles to cluster together. The particles then become too heavy to remain airborne and sink to the ground, reducing the amount of allergy-causing PM2.5 particles, like dust, pollen and other irritants in the air, so that you avoid breathing them in.
Better Fire Safety
Our paint has an excellent burning tolerance, and does not emit smoke when on fire, giving your place better protection even when there is a crisis.
We care. Our non-toxic paint is made through an innovative process that doesn’t require burning, unlike fractional distillation methods in traditional brands – This reduces our carbon footprint. Go green with Gush!
We understand that your time is precious, that is why we have specially selected materials so that your paints dry 30-50% faster than the market average.
What are Volatile Organic Compounds?
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are chemicals released by many household products in the home and office. They are more prevalent in our surroundings then you think, and are found in (to name a few):
- Traditional Building/Renovation Materials (like traditional paints, varnishes, wood adhesives, furniture preservatives)
- Aerosel Sprays (like disinfectants, perfumes, air fresheners, insecticides)
- Chemical Products (fuel, moth repellents, cleaning products)
VOCs are emitted as gases and can have both short and long-term adverse health effects on the people living inside.
- Damage to the liver, kidneys, central nervous system, bone marrow (anemia), reproductive system
- Irritation to the eyes, nose, throat and skin
- Cancer in the long term
- Stunted development in young children
Read our blog to find out more.
Common sources of VOCs
The silent danger
The application of adhesives and building materials during the home renovation process releases over 300 toxic chemicals, drastically increasing the exposure of the residents within.
The Sick Building Syndrome (SBS) caused by the introduction of new biological and chemical contaminants can induce widespread discomfort in your home and place of work.